Are you one of those that thinks having your own blog is too much work and, well, what do I get from it anyway?
Here’s a list of reasons why you should have your own blog:
- It’s good for Real Estate SEO.
- Your blog should be part of your real estate website i.e. http://www.domain.com/blog.
- Blogs offer great link bait.
- Blogs attract visitors.
- Blogs will help generate leads.
- Having your blog as part of your own website (rather than only ActiveRain or Trulia) will give your site credit for inbound links.
- Inbound links are of a huge value in calculating Google’s PageRank.
- Blog posts will help your website rank for terms.
- Whether hosted through a blog platform or part of your website’s CMS each new blog post/article acts as a new page to your website, which means it’s new content added, and thus a new page to be crawled by search engines.
- You can write content and safe drafts and thus publish at a later date.
- You can have multiple people write for you, or someone else all together if writing is not your thing.
To sum it up, blogging = more fresh (optimized and relevant) content = more inbound links. All of which = more relevant traffic = more sharing, commenting and more links, and finally LEADS. Remember: Anything that you put quality time into will give you quality results. Individuals now more than ever are jearning for trust and thus will do their research prior to buying…what a better way than through you blog to present yourself and/or your company.